WHAT IS IT?
Sustainability is more than just a moral imperative – it’s a competitive advantage. Innovation in sustainability practice is seen most frequently within start-ups and micro businesses, but these organisations are resource stretched – funds, time, people. That’s why Positive Luxury is looking to partner with young, innovative brands, suppliers and retailers – guiding them towards Butterfly Mark certification and offering advice on how to scale their business successfully and sustainably.
Only 20 talented companies will be chosen for admission to the programme each year, allowing us to provide financial relief and tailored support during the initial assessment. 90% of start-ups don’t survive their first three years. We are looking to establish long-term partnerships with companies that we can help to defy this trend and reshape the luxury industry into something that’s kinder to people and nature.
The first six businesses were accepted into the programme in March 2022. We welcomed ENSEMBL, Ignae, The Other House, Upper District, VYN Sneakers and Seabody. In Q2 we welcomed another six businesses: Aqvarossa, Leverden, Seela Studio, Story-Wear, Tiny Associates and We-AR4. In Q3 six more luxury businesses were accepted into our accelerator programme: Matilde Jewellery, The Folclore Company, St. Rose, Inversa Leathers, Carl Suchy & Söhne and Kaeā skincare.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Young luxury companies with an idea that will play a leading role in driving innovation in sustainability for the luxury industry. This could be through the development of ground-breaking materials, products, manufacturing processes or services and/or pioneering sustainable business and operating models
- Start-ups & micro brands, retailers, or suppliers who operate in any one of the luxury verticals to which Positive Luxury provides its services (fashion & accessories, beauty & fragrance, jewellery & watches, living, premium drinks, travel & leisure)
- Organisations with annual turnover under £1million ($1.3million / €1.2million) in the start-up phase and trading for less than five years (including those not yet fully launched)
- Companies able to articulate a business plan that demonstrates a clear, healthy focus on both purpose and profit and supply evidence, both quantitative and qualitative, demonstrating tangible efforts across the four pillars of our ESG+ (environmental, social, governance, innovation) assessment framework
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Enrolment in the only assessment and certification programme tailored to the specific needs and risks of luxury businesses
- Positive Luxury will waive its fee for the initial period of assessment
- Use of Positive Luxury Accelerator IP during the assessment period
- One-to-one support and guidance, through assessment and thereafter, from our team of luxury, sustainability and business experts
- Online forums and regular check-in meetings
- Tools and resources to help embed sustainability throughout your organisation
- PR & marketing support through Positive Luxury’s channels, plus tools to help maximise the value of your sustainability efforts through your own channels
- Access to Positive Luxury’s world-leading knowledge programme
- Networking opportunities across the Positive Luxury community
- Upon achieving Butterfly Mark certification, the company will be granted a two-year trademark licence and begin incurring an annual fee of £3,150
WHEN TO APPLY
We accept applications on a quarterly basis. Please see the timetable below for the 2023 programme deadlines: