The Butterfly Mark certification is an independent trust mark awarded to luxury brands, retailers and suppliers that evidence tangible action to making a positive impact on nature and society.
The Butterfly Mark certification has been created in consultation with the Positive Luxury Sustainability Council and is rigorous, independent, and in line with the latest international standards and best practices.
- Comprehensive risk management
- Tailored to business model, vertical, size and geography
- Keep ahead of legislation
- Comprehensive suite of resources
- Dedicated account management
- Reporting that examines risk, return and impact
- Tools & measures to build trust through transparency
- Prevent greenwashing accusations
- Deliver innovation through sustainability
- Increase employee capabilities, pride and retention
- Trust through transparency
- Brand engagement through storytelling
- Positive impact through educated purchases
- Visibility of impact targets and progress
- Education on sustainability impact
Assessment & Certification Value
IGOR BOYADJIAN, Managing Director
“The Macallan sought the Butterfly Mark accreditation in 2020, in order to hold ourselves to the highest standards of external, independent accreditation within our industry, both now and in the future. We also strongly believe in the power of unity and of business collaboration and community to challenge the global issues we all must face head on now in the coming critical years.”
ULRIK GARDE DUE, CEO
"Having Positive Luxury as a partner who we can trust and who can advise on an informed and unbiased level has been instrumental. The benchmarks put in place by Positive Luxury have encouraged further innovation and sustainable practices that in turn allow our customers to trust that when they become an owner of a Mark Cross piece, it is being held up to the highest standards set by the Butterfly Mark certification in line with updated official regulations."
Micro businessfrom £2,500
Small businessesfrom £5,000
Medium Businessesfrom £20,000
Large Businessesfrom £50,000
The Positive Luxury Start-Up Accelerator Programme
We are committed to supporting progressive luxury start-ups and micro-businesses on their sustainability journey. The Start-Up Accelerator Programme identifies and supports young, innovative companies, helping the luxury industry adapt and reshape itself to ensure a sustainable future. These brands, suppliers, and retailers will be supported to earn Butterfly Mark certification and embed sustainability in their culture and end-to-end operations from the very start.