Job Title: ESG Data Analyst
Location: Hybrid working with office located in Shoreditch, London
Reports To: Sustainability Analyst
To apply, email a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Luxury is seeking an ESG Data Analyst who will play a key role creating shared value for our business and clients, supporting the collection, validation and analysis of data derived from the ESG+ assessment framework that underpins our services and utilising external data to enhance insights and develop measurement protocols and tools. This role sits within the Sustainability team and will apply creative and rigorous analyses to support the certification and assessment process, determine necessary upgrades to the reporting capabilities of the ESG+ framework, enhance our content- and data-driven knowledge programme and monitor and reporting on the positive impact of our growing client base of progressive companies.
- Utilising our proprietary data and third-party sources, develop methodologies, measurements and tools that allow Positive Luxury and our clients to monitor, report and continuously grow their positive impact across the four ESG+ pillars.
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex datasets relating to Positive Luxury’s clients, the sectors we service and relational databases to create and manage a reporting environment for internal and external audiences that identifies performance, patterns and trends and includes dashboards, indexes, graphs and visualisations.
- Manage data sources, security and metadata, ensuring our third-party data warehouse meet secure storage and cleansing requirement.
- Provide end-user training to colleagues and clients on our reporting environment and any additional tools we develop
- Partner with the Account Management team to support clients through the assessment, certification and post-certification phases to ensure they each business receives: clear and contextualised reporting outlining material risk and a roadmap for continuous improvement of business culture and operations
- Education to a degree level in environmental sciences, finance, economics or related field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working with large quantities of data and research, and being able to synthesise and interpret these into meaningful and material conclusions and content
- Experience collecting and analysing significant data pertaining to a particular environmental or social topic, both quantitative and qualitative, to produce insights, predictions and recommendations for use by internal and external audiences
- Demonstrable passion for sustainability and research, with an analytical mindset and curious nature able to absorb detail and identify actionable insights across data streams
- Understanding of ESG-related regulations, policies and laws and ability to apply them effectively to data sets where applicable
- Understanding of corporate sustainability reporting across ESG, and capability to identify links between ESG-based sustainable business strategy and commercial performance
- Understanding of corporate environmental and social impact, and how these translate into risks and opportunities for businesses
- Understanding of data management and storage, as well as the technologies underpinning analysis and reporting. Advanced computer skills using Microsoft software are required, plus an appetite to research and learn new platforms
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to be detail oriented and organised with expert problem-solving skills
- A proactive, self-driven solutions-oriented individual
- The role requires an outward-looking personality who, in addition to working independently with data and analyses, will be comfortable collaborating with the Positive Luxury team and clients
- Capacity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Language skills in addition to English are a plus
COMPENSATION & CULTURE
- Base salary £32-38K depending on experience
- Enrolment in the company’s annual and long-term incentive schemes
- 22 days holiday minimum, up to 28 days, plus UK bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Cycle to work and electric car schemes
- Bi-monthly study halls to further your sustainability knowledge
- Monthly town halls & quarterly strategy reviews for transparency on performance and projects
Positive Luxury’s mission is to shape a sustainable future for luxury by redefining the business model and rebuilding consumer trust. Since 2011 we have been helping luxury businesses adapt to the new climate economy. Our assessment and certification programme is the only one designed for the specific practices and material risks of the luxury industry. The Butterfly Mark, a mark of excellence hard-won by the companies that bear it, is tangible, independent evidence to consumers and other stakeholders that a luxury business is operating in line with the highest standards of sustainability across the entire value chain.
When you join Positive Luxury, you join a small but growing team of luxury and sustainability experts working together to create a culture that values purpose, collaboration, excellence, and optimism above all else. Entering a phase of rapid growth and transformation, Positive Luxury is the ideal environment for those who want to work at the forefront of cultural and economic change. We will encourage you to exercise initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
Positive Luxury is an equal opportunity employer, diverse and inclusive. With ESG at the heart of our business proposition, we are committed to recruiting, employing, training, compensating, and promoting regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, national origin, disability, age, and other protected status. We aim to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people work together to make the greatest possible positive impact on nature and society.
To be considered for this role at Positive Luxury you must have a UK passport or be entitled to work and remain in the UK indefinitely. If you require additional equipment or support to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
To apply for this role, please email a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org