Webinar: Adrian Gahan on the future of marine ecosystems
2 min read
Adrian represents National Geographic Pristine Seas in the United Kingdom, and he has 10 years of political experience in London, Brussels and Washington DC. He has been central to the UK campaign to establish a ‘Blue Belt’ of at least four million square kilometres of ocean under protection across a number of the UK Overseas Territories. Adrian was Managing Director of Sancroft, a London and Washington-based sustainability consultancy from 2010 to 2017. He was Special Adviser to Conservative MPs Greg Clark, Greg Barker and Charles Hendry from 2007 to 2010. Adrian also worked with the Delegation of the European Commission to the United States in Washington in 2006. He has a degree in European Studies from the University of Cambridge and is a dual British-Irish national.
Adrian talks about:
- National Geographic’s mission to protect 30% of the planet by 2030
- National Geographic’s Pristine Seas initiative
- How places in the ocean are designated for protection
- The UK’s role in preserving marine ecosystems
- What individuals can do to help
Liked this article? Sign-up to our newsletter for more.
Written by - Amnelisa Grbic