Aracari Travel Consulting
We need two types of content created on an ongoing basis one for the website and one for client documents. Additionally, we have four projects underway which will need copywriting and marketing.
CONTENT PIECE 1
4-6 stories (600-800 words) per month each to go on the Stories section of our site. Three of these stories are chosen to be sent on one of our monthly newsletters.
- Story topics have always been about the Andes (and I believe should continue to be): Peru, Bolivia and the Galapagos which is what we sell.
- Some are seasonal (about a particular festival or event happening), time-sensitive (about a hotel opening or something happening in a particular area, or a trip we may be selling), some are about a trip a team member has taken.
- Most stories have a connection to what we offer and they should have, but they are not entirely commercial. For example, if the topic is “A guide to Wildlife viewing in Peru” it will link to itineraries that contain wildlife viewing and will mention that we organise such trips. I feel there is much more we can do, for example, stories on sustainability, on the work our guides do etc.
- Everything we publish is very well researched and factually correct. That is key to be aligned with the audience that considers us to be a benchmark in the industry; intelligent and providing high-quality experiences. We have loyal readership.
- The amount of research for stories varies depending on the topic. Sometimes just reviewing old Aracri stories is enough. Sometimes more research is required from other sources. Sometimes we need carrying out interviews in both Spanish and English with the people we would like to feature.
- All stories are optimised for SEO and keywords are used.
- We now internally upload the stories on WordPress,
- We now internally prepare the newsletter to be sent on MailChimp to our database.
CONTENT PIECE 2
Approximately 4 pieces of text for itineraries and client documents. These involve editing suppliers’ texts about their products and services, writing profiles of our guides, specialists, and describing experiences.
CONTENT PIECE 3
We will also need texts to be written for specific projects.
- We have an ongoing project which we will be launching hopefully before the end of the year. It is the “Peru Food Guide”
- Experiences Page: selling stand-alone experiences as opposed to itineraries for clients who request this.
- Marketing 3 trips with set departures next year. Two Photo workshops one in Peru (Sacred Valley) and one in Bolivia (Uyuni Salt Flats), and one wellness programme.
- Launching Art as new Specialty
- Launching Wellness as a new Speciality