Positive Luxury is seeking a Business Development Manager who will play a key role in developing our client base of global luxury brands.
This role sits within the Business Development team, working in close partnership with the Development Director and the Special Projects Manager. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, organised, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines. The primary focus of the role is to work with the Development Director to develop new business and deliver healthy revenue growth. The successful candidate must be able to show a proven track record of increasing sales revenues and meeting or exceeding personal targets. Secondly, they should show they have the initiative to impact positive change to add value to our business.
- Experience identifying and implementing pipeline strategies and forecasts
- Develop and implement strong commercial relationships with major luxury and premium brands
- Experience selling with a consultative approach and excellent negotiating skills
- Interact confidently and professionally in sales meetings via phone, virtual or face-to-face meetings
- Meet personal sales targets and be a key team member working towards Positive Luxury’s sales and revenue targets
- Experience in writing and pitching proposals and presentations to senior management
- Ability to self-manage and comfortable spending a large percentage of time on the phone building leads and pipeline
- Methodical with good research skills for identifying new business opportunities
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- High energy and proactive approach to sales
- Ability to manage throughout the sales cycle and efficient management of the sales pipeline
- Work closely within the sales team and build strong working relationships with all company colleagues
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, culture and business ethics
- A minimum of three years proven B2B sales experience, preferably in the luxury industry
- A proactive, motivated individual, driven to achieve sales revenue and activity performance beyond personal targets
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, presentation, networking and skills
- Strong business skills with a wealth of commercial experience managing similar businesses
- Highly developed all-round interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
- The ability to manage and influence people at all levels
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- Capacity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment to deadlines
- Good attention to detail, time management, research and organisational skills
- Project and sales pipeline management skills and the ability to see through the business development cycle from opening to closing contracts
- Intermediate to advanced Excel capability and ability to learn new technology platforms, plus experience using other Microsoft software
This role requires an outward-looking personality with a demonstrable interest and passion for sustainability and business development, with the ability to work collaboratively within the Positive Luxury team.
Click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button below to use the online application form, or send us your CV accompanied by a short covering letter outlining why you are the right person for the role, plus your salary expectations, to email@example.com
To be considered for this role at Positive Luxury you must have a UK passport or be entitled to work and remain in the UK indefinitely. If you require additional equipment or support in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its launch in 2011, Positive Luxury has built a leadership position as the partner of choice for luxury businesses that are genuinely committed to sustainability. Organisations looking to validate their sustainable actions utilise our unique ESG+ assessment framework to earn the Butterfly Mark certification, which provides proven reassurance to luxury consumers that a company can be trusted. With a growing number of well-educated consumers recognising the need to urgently reduce our negative impact on the planet and improve society, Positive Luxury is poised for growth. Our years of experience, reputation and influence combine as a serious catalyst for change. As a result, we are looking to grow a company of digital thinkers, commercially savvy sustainability leaders and purpose-led change agents. The optimistic and collaborative Positive Luxury team has the rare opportunity to make a positive impact on the world and the financial wellbeing of our brand and our partners’ brands.
Positive Luxury is an equal opportunity employer. We know our company succeeds because of the hard work, dedication and diversity of our small team of passionate, optimistic, driven employees. With ESG at the heart of our business proposition, we are firmly focused on recruiting, employing, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age and other protected status. We aim to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people work together to make the greatest possible positive impact on our planet and our society. We will encourage you to exercise initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued.