CHATEAU D'YQUEM CELLAR

CHATEAU D'YQUEM CELLAR

THE BRAND

Chateau d’Yquem located in the Sauternes, famed across the world for its sweet wines, was very nearly English. During the middle ages it belonged to the King of England, also Duke of Aquitaine. Luckily for French wine, in 1453 Southwest France was brought under the French crown by Charles VII and has stayed French ever since. In 1593, possession of the land was given to the Sauvage family and they built the present chateau, and consolidated, plot by plot, the vineyard still used today. Francois Josephine Sauvage became the head of the family in 1788, and was the mastermind behind the development of the Chateau into a business.
Read More

POSITIVE ACTIONS

Click the butterfly below

BUY NOW SHARE