The House of Boucheron was founded by Frederic Boucheron in 1858, with the opening of his first store in the Galerie de Valois, at Palais-Royal - during the heyday of the Second French Empire. He created his atelier in 1866 and won the Gold Medal during the Exposition Universelle (1867) a year later.
In 1893, Frdric Boucheron became the first jeweller to move to Place Vendome. Legend has it that he chose 26 Place Vendome - where Boucheron remains to this day - because it was the sunniest corner of the square.
In 1989, Boucheron opened a store in Moscow, later transferred to Saint Petersburg in 1911. More store openings followed in Japan in 1973, Shanghai, Dubai in 2005, and finally Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur in 2006.
Boucheron was a family business. After the death of its founder Frederic Boucheron in 1902, his descendants took over the business. In 1994, the family business shifted to a more global approach when the company was sold to Schweizerhall.
The House of Boucheron was then acquired by former Gucci Group in 2000, which was later bought by PPR in 2004. Pierre Bouissou was appointed CEO in April 2011.
For more details please visit http://www.boucheron.com/.